Full-time position based in Cape Town (V & A Waterfront or Paarl offices)
We are looking for a Professional Services Manager to join our growing business.
This is a permanent role based at Cape Town/Paarl headquarters but will require travel locally, nationally, and potentially abroad.
The main role of the Professional Services Manager will be to generate and close professional services sales, assess, quote for, and plan new installations, carry out installations, manage client relations and provide continued key account management onsite and remotely.
The role also includes training of TallOrder POS partners.
The objective of the role is to ensure satisfied clients and sustained growth of the TallOrder POS Professional services revenue center.
- Determine steps necessary to meet and exceed installation sales. Work closely with Point of Sale sales consultants and deadlines to meet and exceed professional services sales.
- Respond with urgency and flexibility to meet installation schedules.
- Schedules and oversees the installation of products.
- Ensure professional services are being billed for and executed within agreed timelines.
- Ensure adherence to contract specifications and SLAs and set up policies and procedures.
- Maintain required documentation in installation folders and on Monday.com to support installation progress. Assemble all information relating to the installations.
- Monitor the progress of installs with meticulous attention to detail.
- Management of hardware ordering and delivery for new installations most expeditiously and cost-effectively.
- Perform within the company SLAs.
- Assist when needed to complete installation jobs.
- Perform consistent, timely follow-up with suppliers and installation partners.
- Communicate job schedules to coordinate with the client and or the partner.
- Establish and maintain effective key account management relationships with major accounts/ customers.
- Always professionally represent the company ensuring quality customer service.
- Maintain and develop a productive team by hiring, training, providing professional development, and daily performance management for all installers.
- Performance management. Monitor the performance of employees against KPIs and project and team role requirements. Create appropriate performance management interventions as needed.
- Monthly performance updates.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends and approaches in the market and utilise new methods when required.
- Work closely with Point of Sale sales consultants on quotes for professional services and installations.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in the field of point-of-sale systems or the hospitality industry is required.
- Proven track record or experience in sales, with a focus on achieving sales targets and goals.
- Demonstrated capability in managing budgets, including experience in exceeding budget expectations.
- Relevant experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and operating integrated IT systems.
- Computer literacy with common business applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Point of Sale databases (preferable but not required).
- Knowledge of installation procedures.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale products.
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must have strong mathematical skills for cost calculations, which are critical to installations.
- Organized, detail-oriented.
- Professional communications skills- gives clear instructions, and a good listener.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour.
- Ability to be ‘on call’ for emergencies; flexibility in work schedule to achieve co-op objectives.
This position is a full-time position based in Cape Town and/or Paarl. Flexible work hours to accommodate customer schedules will form part of this position.
Your compensation for this position will consist of a market-related salary and an on-target commission.
Please email your CV to email@example.com if you are interested in the position.